Update: We will have live music from the rock/country band Low Down South!
Update: We have revised the course - check it out below.
Rockin' Marathon Relay - Beers. Beats. Batons.
Team up with some friends and take on a marathon! The Rockin' Marathon Relay offers the opportunity to gather a team to conquer a full marathon, all the while enjoying music and a fun party atmosphere at the relay exchange zone! Without a doubt, this will the most fun you'll ever have running a marathon!
Here's how Rockin' Marathon Relay works: every course is set up as a loop of only 1.2 - 2.2 miles, so it's all contained in a small area (not like your typical marathon that can spread across an entire city). You and your friends create a team of 2, 3, or 4 members and then you alternate relay laps (one time around the small loop course) until the full marathon distance is completed. While one team member is out taking their turn on a lap around the course, the rest of the team is having a good time at the relay exchange zone. The exchange zone is one big party - enjoy music, food, and socialize with teammates and competitors alike - but be ready for when you next take the hand-off for your team!
For those of you who are bold enough to try the full marathon on a loop course alone, you can run the Rockin' Marathon Relay solo!
Event Details and Schedule
Address: McAlpine Creek Park, 8711 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC
7:15am – Race-Day Registration and Packet Pick-Up
8:30am – Registration and Packet Pick-Up Closes
9:00am – Race Start
2:30pm - Course Closes
The course is on the soft gravel trails at McAlpine Creek Park and measures a 1.63 mile loop. This works out nearly perfect to a full 16 laps - an evenly split 4 laps for each person on a 4-person team.
- $40/person on or before February 10.
- $45/person on or before March 3.
- $50/person after March 3. Race day registration will be available.
What your entry fee gets you:
- Finisher Medals!
- Live Music from rock/country band Low Down South!
- One Complimentary Beer! (Maybe a second - we'll make sure to go home with empty keg(s)!)
- Race T-Shirts! (T-Shirts will be first-come first-serve for race-day registrants and sizes will be limited.)
- During and post-race food and beverages!
- The most fun you'll have at a marathon!
Timing / Awards
Relay teams are chip timed and split times will be taken for each leg.
Awards for the top 2 relay teams in the following divisions:
- 2, 3 and 4 Person Team Male
- 2, 3 and 4 Person Team Female
- 2, 3 and 4 Person Team Mixed
- 4 Person Team Corporate Challenge Division (all team members from the same company)
- 4 Person Team High School Challenge (all team members in high school)
- 4 Person Team Masters (combined age 160 years)
- 4 Person Team Grand Masters (combined age 200 years)
- 4 Person Team Clydesdale (combined weight 760 pounds)
- 4 Person Team Athena (combined weight 560 pounds)
Details on where to park will be available closer to race day.
Thanks to Energy Sports & Fitness of Charlotte! They are located at 2408 Sardis Road North and can be reached at (704) 321-FITT.
Rules / Guidelines
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined. Information will be available on the race website.